Anything that is connected to the health of a person is essential and should not be disregarded. Keeping track of the status of your health is vital to make sure that you are aware even of the smallest changes. Being aware can help you get all the necessary and earliest treatment available to treat and get rid of any dental complications properly. The Mission of Riverheart Family Dentistry is to provide superior services that are patient-centered in a feel at home environment that can help every patient with their dental health concerns by providing early detections, diagnosis, and treatments with Dental Cleanings and Checkups.
PROFESSIONAL DENTAL CLEANINGS
Professional Dental cleaning is performed by a hygienist or a dentist at a dental office where they use several dental devices that can break down plaque and tartar build-up on the teeth’s surface. Its purpose is to prevent cavities and gum disease that are commonly caused by bacterial plaque. The patient may practice good dental hygiene but having dental plaques and tartar is unavoidable especially in the places that are harder to reach and clean. It works by thoroughly cleaning each tooth’s surface by scraping the surface and also near the gum line for overall cleaning.
A Dental Checkup is essential for the overall evaluation of your dental health. The dentist and hygienist will perform several examinations that can pinpoint any developing issues so that treatments can be performed promptly.
What to Expect during Dental Checkups
- The patient’s current overall dental health status is evaluated correctly as well as their dental hygiene practice
- Physically checking the patient for any irregularities with their face, neck, and mouth is done thoroughly to make sure that everything is covered
- Evaluation of the risk of infections or diseases in the tooth, root, and bone
- The patient is evaluated if there is any need for dental restorations or even extractions
- Checking for any bite or jaw problems
- Demonstration of the proper techniques when brushing, flossing, and mouth rinsing will be performed for the appropriate care and maintenance at home
- Dental x-rays and laser cavity detection can be taken if necessary to be fully aware of the status of the mouth’s structure in the areas that are not visible to the naked eye
- Oral cancer screening is also performed for early detection which is vital for the successful treatment of this condition. It is highly beneficial for patients to undergo this procedure for preventive measures.
The importance of taking care of the dental health should be highlighted since it can also affect a person’s overall health. Scheduling routine cleanings and checkups which are every six months as recommended by professionals is essential in keeping track and maintenance of the overall dental health for a better life.
You deserve outstanding dental care services. We provide Cleanings and Checkups in O’Fallon, MO. Book your appointment with us at Riverheart Family Dentistry and let us help you achieve a beautiful and a healthy teeth!